Are you after regular mathematics practice?
You are teaching how to record multiplication and suddenly it comes to you in a flash that multiplication is related to addition! You know how to do it, but explaining is something else, right? This worksheet does the explaining for 6 to 12 year olds with plain and simple examples and exercises.
This 3-page worksheet:
- Helps to learn how to partition numbers into tens and ones, for mastering the role of place value in multiplying
- Teaches how to record multiplication using partitioning in expanded columns, for improvement of understanding multiplication
- Shows with examples what to do, for learners to be confident that they are capable mathematicians
- Provides instructions to partition numbers and multiply 2 digit and 1 digit numbers in expanded columns, for helping learners quickly figure out the strategies that they prefer and work for them
- Offers a different approach to multiplication of TU by U, for facilitating learners' development
- Links to mental methods of multiplication by using place value, for ease of understanding
- Offers exercises in recording multiplication using place value, so that they can easily understand how multiplication in expanded columns works
- Teaches how to multiply the ones by the ones and the tens, to form partial products and then add the partial products, to be able to multiply easily.
Registration is required. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
Registration is required. The product is free. The delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.