For your purchases and donations, you may use the Currency Switcher in the footer area to view prices in USD, EUR or GBP: check-out is in GDP by default as we're in the UK.
Are you after regular mathematics practice?
You are teaching how to record division and think that it is the inverse of multiplication: so this is easy! But, when you are showing 83 divided by 4, there is a remainder 3! Right? This worksheet explains for 6 to 12 year olds how division works for two digit numbers divided by a one digit number.
This 3-page worksheet:
- Offers exercises in recording division using place value - divide a multiple of the divisor and the remaining number and then add the partial quotients - so that they can easily understand how division works.
- Helps them learn how to partition numbers into tens and ones, for mastering the role of place value in dividing.
- Teaches how to record division using partitioning, for improvement of understanding division: break the dividend into parts that are easy to divide as tens and ones, solve these problems and then add the partial quotients.
- Shows learners what to do with examples of division, for them to be confident that they are capable mathematicians.
- Provides instructions to partition numbers - where a multiple of the divisor and the remaining number are divided - for helping learners quickly figure out the strategies that they prefer and work for them.
- Offers a different approach to division of TU by U, for facilitating learners' development.
- Links to mental methods of division by using place value, for ease of understanding.