Are you after regular mathematics practice?
You are teaching how to record division and think that it is the inverse of multiplication: so this is easy! But, when you are showing 281 divided by 14, there is a remainder 1, right? This worksheet explains for 9 to 12 year olds how division works for three digit numbers divided by a two digit number.
This 3-page worksheet:
- Offers exercises in recording division using place value - divide a multiple of the divisor and the remaining number and then add the partial quotients - so that they can easily understand how division works
- Helps them learn how to partition numbers into hundreds, tens and ones, for mastering the role of place value in dividing
- Teaches how to record division using partitioning for improvement of understanding: break the dividend into parts that are easy to divide as hundreds, tens and ones, solve these problems and then add the partial quotients
- Shows learners what to do with examples of division, for them to be confident that they are capable mathematicians
- Provides instructions to partition numbers - where a multiple of the divisor and the remaining number are divided - for helping learners quickly figure out the strategies that they prefer and work for them
- Offers a different approach to division of HTU by TU, for facilitating learners' development
- Links to mental methods of division by using place value, for ease of understanding.
Registration is required. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
Registration is required. The product is free. The delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.