For your purchases and donations, you may use the Currency Switcher in the footer area to view prices in USD, EUR or GBP: check-out is in GDP by default as we're in the UK.
Have you seen learners using their fingers adding one or two digit numbers? But, the skill or ability to add numbers mentally greatly improves achievement in mathematics, right? This 2-page worksheet offers practice in mastering addition without counting.
- Practicing regularly with this table improves mastery of addition up to 20 (with zero) before moving on to subtraction.
- This table improves mental addition skills.There are three stages of progression in learning addition:
- Counting strategies: Use objects or fingers to count verbally to determine the answer.
- Reasoning strategies: Use known information to logically determine an unknown combination: for example the learner knows that 5 + 8 is 13, so 5 + 9 is one more, 14.
- Mastery or efficient production of answers: Learners can determine the answers fast and accurately, without having to count with their fingers or objects and without having to reason to get the answer.
- Fluency and ease in adding whole numbers is useful to learn because it aids in all calculations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.