- Practicing regularly with this table improves mastery of addition up to 20 (with zero) and is required before moving on to subtraction.
- Answers are included to show with examples what to do, for learners to be confident that they are capable mathematicians.
- This table improves mental addition skills.There are three stages of progression in learning addition:
- Counting strategies: Use objects or fingers to count verbally to determine the answer.
- Reasoning strategies: Use known information to logically determine an unknown combination: for example the learner knows that 5 + 8 is 13, so 5 + 9 is one more, 14.
- Mastery or efficient production of answers: Learners can determine the answers fast and accurately, without having to count with their fingers or objects and without having to reason to get the answer.
- Fluency and ease in adding whole numbers is useful to learn because it aids in all calculations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and problem solving.
Have you seen learners using their fingers and counting to add one or two digit numbers? But, the skill or ability to add numbers mentally greatly improves achievement in mathematics, right?
This 3-page worksheet offers practice in mastering addition without counting - with or without fingers. It includes answers to scaffold the learning process.
Shipping and Delivery
With digital goods, you may download them instantly, eliminating shipping time and costs. Download links are given on the order completion page and included in the order email.
Registration is required. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
Registration is required. Product is free. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
Registration is not required. Product is free. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
Returns and Refunds
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
Gift cards, Downloadable software products, Some health and personal care items, To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable).
Please contact us for your queries, so that we may help you.