Q: How to make learning the times tables easy and fun?
A: By practicing regularly with the Multiplication Square!
Includes a special times table page that makes learning multiplication up to 12 easier and enjoyable!
- Practicing regularly with this 3-page worksheet improves mastery in multiplying two whole numbers up to 12 before moving on to long division.
- This table improves mental multiplication skills.There are three stages of progression in learning multiplication:
- Counting strategies: Use objects or fingers to count verbally in tens, twos and fives (from zero) to determine the answer.
- Reasoning strategies: Use known information to logically determine an unknown combination: for example, the learner knows doubles and corresponding halves of numbers to 20.
- Mastery or efficient production of answers: Understand multiplication as repeated addition and use place value to determine the answers fast and accurately, without having to count with their fingers or objects and without having to reason to get the answer.
- Fluency and ease in multiplying whole numbers is useful to learn because it aids in all calculations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Registration is required. Delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
Registration is required. The product is free. The delivery of the product is free of shipping charge.